San Diego Assessment Collection
Test kits differ from other materials in the library collection in that they are only to be used by licensed practitioners or those under the supervision of licensed practitioners. Therefore, test usage is subject to several restrictions. These are described below, as is the way we prioritize requests for access to test materials. Please direct all questions to Scott Zimmer, University Librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org).
First priority: Assessment classes (classes whose students pay the assessment fee)
- Must be requested by instructor/TA in advance using the online form: https://alliant.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_eh8gsIbhdVNAEny
- Computer scoring is available for many tests; please indicate on your test request your preference for computer or hand scoring. (If the library does not already own the scoring software for the test you request, program director approval may be required for the software).
- If an instructor requests a test the library does not own, the instructor must first obtain approval for the purchase from the program director
- Are provided at a ratio of one test for every three students
- Additional copies (beyond the student copies at the 3:1 ratio) for use by instructor/TA are not provided by the library
- Are checked out to the instructor/TA, not directly to students
- Instructor/TA is responsible for distributing tests within the class and for ensuring they are returned to the library at the end of the class
- Tests not returned* at the end of the course will be billed to the program director
Second priority: Internships, practica, dissertation research
- One kit at a time may be checked out by a student
- Test kits for internship/practicum or dissertation research must be requested at least one business day in advance, by contacting email@example.com
- Computer scoring is available for many tests; please indicate on your test request your preference for computer or hand scoring
- Some computer scoring involves a fee, which the student will be required to pay
- A limited number of protocols will be provided, at librarian discretion (at least one, generally not more than five)
- Office of Professional Training kits: PAS, MMPI-A, PAI, WAIS-IV, Rorschach
- OPT has purchased one copy of each of these kits for the exclusive use of practicum students.
- Only OPT students can use these five kits
- OPT students may use tests other than these five, but may have to wait for them to become available if the tests they need are in use
- Tests not returned* will be billed to the student
Third priority: Non-assessment classes (classes whose students do not pay the assessment fee)
- One kit at a time may be checked out by the instructor/TA for demonstration purposes
- Request a kit by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maximum checkout period of one week
- Tests not returned* will be billed to the program director
* A test will be considered “not returned” if it is missing, damaged, incomplete (missing parts) or otherwise unusable in the estimation of library staff.