I don't think that I have received a library notice when I should have.
- Log into “My Library Account” and view your library record to see if the library has a correct email account for you.
- Check your email account spam setting and either lower the security or turn it off. Check your spam folder for the notice and click "not spam" button if available.
How do I change my email address?
- Call or stop into your home library to update your library account. You may also do this while logged into "My Library Account"
- You can correct or change your email address by clicking "Modify Personal Information."
- You may also want to add an additional email account to your records a precaution. Add your email in this format: "email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org" Use just a comma with no spaces between the email addresses.
I want to forward my Alliant email to another email address.
If you prefer to use another email account to check your mail, you can set up your Alliant email account to forward to another account. Instructions are located on the IT page under "How To" in the myAlliant Portal.
Sign up for SMS alerts or update your email address.
You can opt into SMS Alerts (standard messaging rates apply). SMS Alerts are intended as a supplemental notification. SMS alerts do not replace the notices that are emailed daily by the library.
What types of notices does the library send?
All the library notices look similar. It is important to read the whole notice before taking action.
- Pickup Notices: When your requested book is available for pickup, you will receive a computer generated notice. Please pick up item within 10 days or item will be sent back to loaning location.
- Cancellation Notices: When a library can't find or send a book, your request may be cancelled and you will be sent a cancellation notice. Don’t mistake the cancellation notice for a pickup notice. If no Alliant or LINK+ libraries have the item you can try interlibrary loans.
- Courtesy Notices: The notice will be sent three days before your library materials are due. Please return or renew (if no holds on item or have not exceeded renewal limits) on or before due date.
- Overdue Notices: Please renew or return your books and/or materials.
- Bills/Fine Notices: Bills and Fine notices are emailed or sent by SMS alert. Please be prompt in paying your fines as a hold may be placed on your academic record.
Library notices are a courtesy and are sent to the addresses that the library has for you. It is your responsibility to make sure the library has your correct information.
I still have trouble getting my notices.
The library sends notices (by email, SMS alerts) for all patrons on a regular basis. If you continue to have difficulties receiving notices, then view your library record on a regular basis whenever you are waiting for requested books to arrive, have books checked out and/or are unsure what status of your library account is.
Updated 4/28/2015 Rschiff