How do I search for Audio-Visual (AV) Materials? (Overview)
- Search Encore or Classic Catalog.
- If you limited your search to your home library, try all Alliant libraries. If you find the item, request from another Alliant library (for help, see the Books FAQs).
- If you can't find it in the Alliant system, search LINKplus (for help, see Books FAQs, How can I request items from LINKplus libraries?).
- AV materials are not available for request through Interlibrary Loans.
Searching for AV Materials in Encore
- Type subject in Encore search box.
- On the screen's left side, limit Format to Video/Film or Audio.
- If you want to limit to home location, click the on appropriate location (i.e. Los Angeles for items only available at the Los Angeles campus).
- Click "Encore Advanced Search"
- Type in keyword or words.
- Limit to to Film/Video (video recordings) or Audio (sound recordings).
- Limit Location to home library if you wish.
- Click on Search.
Searching for AV Materials in the Classic Catalog
- Click Classic Catalog under "Research"
- Click "Advanced Search"
- Type in keywords.
- Under Limited to:
- Material Type, select Audio or Video/Film
- If limiting to location, select appropriate location.
- Click "Submit"
Searching for Online Videos
- Under Research select Databases.
- Videos are available in the following databases
Updated/revised RES 7/15/2014