Psychological Assessment Materials (Tests) -- Overview
- Policies and procedures vary at each Alliant library location. Please contact your home library for further information on using assessment materials.
- Assessment materials and classes -- additional information about using assessment materials in classes is available here.
- Assessment materials are not shared between campuses. If a test is available at another location and is a low usage test it might be possible to have the test sent to your home library.
- See the "Thesis FAQs" for further information on searching for tests in dissertations. Occassionally a copy of a measure or scale is available in a dissertation.
Searching for Tests in Encore
- Type subject, keywords, and/or test name in Encore search box.
- On left side of screen limit Format to Test/Kit.
- To see what is available at your home library click on appropriate location (i.e. Los Angeles for tests only available at the Los Angeles campus).
- Click on "Encore Advanced Search"
- Type in subject, keyword or test name.
- Limit Format to "Test/Kit"
- Limit Location to home library if you are only interested in items at your home library.
- Click "Search"
Searching for Tests in the Classic Catalog
- Click on Classic Catalog
- Click on "Advanced Search"
- Type in keywords.
- Under Limited to:
- Material Type select Test/Kit
- If limiting to location, select appropriate location.
- Click on Submit
Searching for Online Tests
- Under "Research" select "Databases"
- Reviews and purchasing information are available for many tests in the Mental Measurements/Tests in Print database. No full-text access to tests is available in this database.
- APA PsycNet -- PsycTESTS contains just over 2,000 test names and 1,528 actual unpublished tests. The main focus of the database is unpublished tests. Some full-text tests are available.
- Under Useful Links on the library's homepage there are a few web sites listed that index assessment materials.
Updated/revised RES 4/24/2015