Wireless Printing at San Diego Library
Print from your laptop to Pay-for-Print copier.
Service available at the San Diego Library only. Printing is available on a limited basis from devices with email capabilities, including laptops and smart phones, and only when the library circulation desk is staffed (see library web page for staffed hours http://library.alliant.edu).
To send a print job from your laptop:
- Log into your Alliant email account at https://email.alliant.edu/owa .
- Open a new email message and add libraryacq to the “To:” field.
- Add “Print” to the Subject line.
- Attach your document named something you can identify again.
- Click “Send”.
- Go to the center lobby area of the library to the computer attached to the pay-for-print system.
- Look under “libraryacq”. Select and pay for your print job.
Note: The computer will only print attachments that are normally found on a Windows OS. If you are using a non-standard program, it may not print. Try saving it as another type of file.
Important stuff to know:
- We suggest that you send a test print before sending anything else important to make sure it is working properly for you.
- Name your document something unique and that you will be able to identify easily. We suggest your Alliant user name and the name of the document. For example, “jsmith - Psych Term Paper”.
- Your print job will appear on the Pay-for-Print System in a few seconds; if it doesn’t please let our staff know. Black and white printing is only available at this time.
- You must use your Alliant email account as it does not work with any other email program. If you need email assistance, contact IT Helpdesk at 858-635-4357
- You don’t need to type anything in the body of the email message.
- You will need a student ID card with money added to the card. Money can be added at the Pay for Print workstation. Machine only accepts bills ($1, $5, $10, $20). No change available for large bills. Print copies are 10 cents a page.
- Media cards can be purchased; minimum cost $3.00 ($2.00 for card + $1 to add onto card).
- Send all the documents that you want to print and then go print then all at once to save time.
4/2015 rev. -- rschiff
- Print job not going through? To be successful, you must send the print job from an Alliant email address, type “Print” in the subject and attach the print job.
- Still not going through? Check with the circulation or reference staff. You can also email email@example.com for additional assistance.
- Printing is limited to documents with certain extensions. Windows & Microsoft Office documents are supported along with PDF and HTML items. Documents may not print from Apple/Macintosh computers unless saved with Microsoft Office extensions.