Wireless Printing at San Diego Library
Print from your laptop to Pay-for-Print copier.
Service available at the San Diego Library only. Printing is available on a limited basis from devices with email capabilities, including laptops and smart phones, and only when the library circulation desk is staffed (see library web page for staffed hours http://library.alliant.edu).
To send a print job from your laptop:
- Log into your Alliant email account at https://email.alliant.edu/owa .
- Open a new email message and add libraryacq to the “To:” field.
- Add “Print” to the Subject line.
- Attach your document named something you can identify again.
- Click “Send”.
- Go to the center lobby area of the library to the computer attached to the pay-for-print system.
- Look under “libraryacq”. Select and pay for your print job.
Note: The computer will only print attachments that are normally found on a Windows OS. If you are using a non-standard program, it may not print. Try saving it as another type of file.
Important stuff to know:
- We suggest that you send a test print before sending anything else important to make sure it is working properly for you.
- Name your document something unique and that you will be able to identify easily. We suggest your Alliant user name and the name of the document. For example, “jsmith - Psych Term Paper”.
- Your print job will appear on the Pay-for-Print System in a few seconds; if it doesn’t please let our staff know. Black and white printing is only available at this time. If you want to print in color, you will need to use one of the networked library research computers.
- You must use your Alliant email account as it does not work with any other email program. If you need email assistance, contact IT Helpdesk at 858-635-4357
- You don’t need to type anything in the body of the email message.
- At the P4P station make sure you select items carefully for printing so that you don’t print someone else’s document.
- You will need a student ID card with money added to the card. Money can be added at the P4P workstation. Machine only accepts bills ($1, $5, $10, $20). No change available for large bills. Print copies are 10 cents a page.
- Media cards can be purchased; minimum cost $2.00 ($1 for card + $1 to add onto card).
- Send all the documents that you want to print and then go print then all at once to save time.
3/2014 rev. -- res
- Print job not going through? To be successful, you must send the print job from an Alliant email address, type “Print” in the subject and attach the print job. Otherwise, the print job will not go through.
- Still not going through? Check with the circulation or reference staff. You can also email email@example.com for additional assistance.
- Printing is limited to documents with certain extensions. Windows & Microsoft Office documents are supported along with PDF and HTML items. Documents may not print from Apple/Macintosh computers unless saved with Microsoft Office extensions.