Services for Alumni and Visitors
Home > Services > Alumni and Visitors
Graduates of Alliant International University, CSPP, USIU and Cal Western University are entitled to use the Alliant Library. E-mail the Alumni Office at email@example.com to inquire about the whole range of alumni benefits. General information for Alliant alumni can be found here.
Obtain a library account:
If you need to re-activate your existing library account, you can use the barcode activation form.
If you do not yet have an alumni account, please complete the Alumni Library Registration Form.
With your alumni library account, you may:
- Access select Research Databases from your home computer
- Access all Research Databases from the on-campus computers.
- Alumni may use research databases while at any library location. Because of licensing restrictions, alumni may not have remote access to all databases. Note that members of the American Psychological Association may obtain access to the APA's suite of databases for a small yearly fee. See: http://www.apa.org/databases/ for more information.
- Borrow from your home library location.
- Search the library catalog at http://library.alliant.edu.
- Alumni may borrow books, dissertations, videos and audio tapes.
- Books and dissertations: 28 days with two 28-day renewal periods.
- Video and audio tapes: 7 days with one 7-day renewal period.
- Tests are not available for alumni check out.
- Borrow from another Alliant location (other than your home library).
- Look for the "Request" button in your search results to see if the item you want is requestable. Click on the button, the item will be shipped to your home library and an emailed pickup notice will be sent when it is ready to be checked out.
Overdue library fines and notices:
- Fines are $0.50 per day up to the replacement cost of the item for all books, dissertations and video/audio tapes.
- Overdue notices are sent to patrons via email. Make sure to keep your email account current.
- Pay fines in person or by mail. Checks should be made payable to: Alliant International University and directed to attention of the library. Go to the Locations/Staff page for mailing addresses. Some locations will also accept cash or credit card if you pay in person.
- Lost or damaged items are the current replacement cost plus a $15.00 processing fee.
- If items are not returned, fines not paid in a timely manner and/or fines exceed $25.00, it will result in a suspension of library privileges and a hold placed on your academic record.
Alumni do not have access to LINKplus through the Alliant Library. You can still access LINKplus through a public library.
All Alliant libraries are open to the public for research purposes. Visiting patrons have access to the book and journal collections and online databases for on-site use only. We do not provide ILL services or databases access from home for visiting patrons.
LINK+ Visiting Patrons may check out books and dissertations directly from Alliant's four main libraries: Fresno, Los Angeles, San Diego and San Francisco. Please bring a valid ID card and library barcode from your home library.
California State University, Fresno and Fresno Pacific University are reciprocal borrowing libraries. Their patrons may check out books and dissertation directly from Fresno.
Visitors to San Diego may purchase a Community Card, which costs $50.00 per year. With a card, patrons can check out up to 10 circulating books or dissertations as a time but no audio-visual materials or psychology tests. Many of our library materials are available via LINKplus and the San Diego County Library System for free to SDCL cardholders. Don’t get a parking ticket. See parking information below.
Northern California Consortium of Psychology Libraries (NCCPL): Patrons of other member institutions may borrow up to four items at one time from the San Francisco Library. NCCPL Member Libraries
Friends of Jung may check out books from San Diego with their membership card. Friends of Jung Collection is housed at the San Diego - Walter Library.