Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
AV Materials FAQ
How do I search for Audio-Visual (AV) Materials? (Overview)
- Search Encore or Classic Catalog.
- If you limited your search to your home library, try all Alliant libraries. If you find the item, request from another Alliant library (for help, see the Books FAQs).
- If you can't find it in the Alliant system, search LINKplus (for help, see Books FAQs, How can I request items from LINKplus libraries?).
- AV materials are not available for request through Interlibrary Loans.
Searching for AV Materials in Encore
- Type subject in Encore search box.
- On the screen's left side, limit Format to Video/Film or Audio.
- If you want to limit to home location, click the on appropriate location (i.e. Los Angeles for items only available at the Los Angeles campus).
- Click "Encore Advanced Search"
- Type in keyword or words.
- Limit to to Film/Video (video recordings) or Audio (sound recordings).
- Limit Location to home library if you wish.
- Click on Search.
Searching for AV Materials in the Classic Catalog
- Click Classic Catalog under "Research"
- Click "Advanced Search"
- Type in keywords.
- Under Limited to:
- Material Type, select Audio or Video/Film
- If limiting to location, select appropriate location.
- Click "Submit"
Searching for Online Videos
- Under Research select Databases.
- Videos are available in the following databases
Updated/revised RES 7/15/2014